I'm back with another book review since it's been a long time when I did the last one for Drop Dead Famous and this one is for the author I read last year who wrote the payback girls.
This book was good the only problem I had was the beginning I found it quite slow so it took me a while to get into it but when I read on and reached the middle that’s where all the drama took off I kind of wished we had that from point one but anyway we meet Ida Carter who was the girlfriend of JJ and they broke up due to Ida claiming she’s a bi which JJ didn’t love and she got made by Amayah and her friend Simone to be prom queen and she’s known in the BSU when messages start going round Banneker High their school one of the girls called Cassidy ends up dead which creates things and chaos among the students and Ida wanted to find out the reason behind it all which she didn’t find easy…
Travis gave this one as always due to me reading her debut The Payback Girls the best justice and premise she gave but for me what I didn’t love was how the chapter one felt like a slow drag it made it difficult for me to get into the story and it took me a while to find Ida being the main character of the story but this book did deal with topics Travis wasn’t afraid of admitting and especially this being YA makes you think about a lot especially who your friends are and crushes and etc but I’ll continue on to support Alex Travis because I love her black stories and characters we need more of them! So I’ve bumped one star out due to the slow pacing of the book so it’s a four star instead of five!
Travis gave this one as always due to me reading her debut The Payback Girls the best justice and premise she gave but for me what I didn’t love was how the chapter one felt like a slow drag it made it difficult for me to get into the story and it took me a while to find Ida being the main character of the story but this book did deal with topics Travis wasn’t afraid of admitting and especially this being YA makes you think about a lot especially who your friends are and crushes and etc but I’ll continue on to support Alex Travis because I love her black stories and characters we need more of them! So I’ve bumped one star out due to the slow pacing of the book so it’s a four star instead of five!
until nextime for another book review,
xo
SeekingBookWorm

Comments
Post a Comment