Skip to main content

What The Author Life is Like?


Hello Everyone & Happy Saturday! today I am going to talk about what the author life is like?

Many of you might have known I've became an author to "The Step Love" which is my first book and to be honest being an author has been one of the greatest and challenging things in my life because there lots of plotting down and constant daydreaming trying to think of what you want your character to go or do at certain times throughout the book.

I actually found writing my MC Tommy quite difficult at first because I wanted him to be realistic, so I had to role-play as a boy called Josh to capture and understand the things boys do and act because since I don't see a lot of my guy friends anymore it was hard to write a boy character because it was quite intense and boys go through a lot of deeper emotions in anger and things than girls because boys are mostly not very known much into main characters since in Young Adult, I don't see boys like my MC character Tommy.

 it's more like the boy is a "Boyfriend" or "Best Friend" I see in a lot of books and I feel a lot of young adult authors don't make boys realistic enough, it almost feels like its about the "Bad Boy" and mostly those things.

when I write characters it almost feels like I am talking to them because I can sense their voices in my head, so while I write I can feel what they're saying or feeling and I tend to connect with a lot of emotions and anger maybe because as a person, I just capture real things and I feel that what made writing Tommy seemed I was having fun because I had love for him.

 I think that still grows a lot for my MC Tommy even though he's a book now it's like I remember the imaginary conversations we had every day and night.

being an author isn't all about money as people tend to forget a lot, it's about creating who you want to be and who you inspire yourself as if you was a character written on someone else book, how would you want them to capture you as a character or what traits do you have that make your book and your character stand out also, what story do you want to give out to the world about yourself through your character.

I created who I wanted to be through writing from Tommy so I don't really care about having Money what I care about is writing a boy who would change the world about so many topics that have been hidden not wanting to come out, so these issues can stop happen for example Mental Health.

 those who go through mother loss like Tommy and other strong issues, it wasn't just about love, it was about so many things that happen in this world and Tommy my character is one of the youngest main character, people have read so far, but he has already touched a few hearts, I can't wait to see Tommy touch more hearts in the near future and onward.


I hope you all enjoyed my author points.
xo
SeekingBookWorm




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Writers Block (Tips To Help You Out!)

Hey Everyone today I decided to give my tips of how to deal with writers block to make you not panic about them as much. first of all what is writers block? its something that happens when you have this really cool idea for your character then your brain decides to switch off, so you'll end up staring at the screen for an idea nothing comes out and that's what called a writers block, we authors go through them a lot they're annoying to get over by but you don't have to be alone from my tips I'll be giving you to try and avoid them as you can! My Tips for beating writers block: Read as much as you can (I know this can be a difficult one but you know reading does help the grammar and imagination flow a lot better so I always recommend for you to read more as you can) Do some exercises to warm up your brain (Do you know that working out also helps writers block because sometimes as authors we need to get our brains moving too sometimes going

The Idea Of Tommy & Daniel

Hello Everyone welcome back to another blog post! Today post is actually a special one since "The Step Love" turns one year today and I asked everyone what plans I should do and by the way I loved the answers from bookstagram but I decided maybe I talk about how Tommy and Daniel came to reality for me to talk about them all the time to you guys. I remember it was 2015 and I was sitting in my room thinking of what else to write then this boy appeared into my mind and I thought about it twice then I saw another boy came as his brother then that's where I saw a Tommy and his little brother Daniel, then I started to see a boy and a girl forming something together and that's how Sarah and Tommy came then other more people plus Harriet too and the ideas for making Tommy and Daniel are not really my strength or anything, I think God knew I was an author since I was writing The Little Bear Stories and I wrote The Last Day Of School Term in 2010 then I took a long hiatus

Simon Vs.The Homo Sapiens Agenda Book Review

*This May Contain Some Spoilers* The story talks about a sixteen year old Gay Protagonist Simon Spier, who is gay but hasn't came out yet to his family or friends and doesn't know who he is or wants to be yet, Simon has a very strong friendship with a boy he meets on Tumblr called Creek wood Secrets called Blue and the two of them start talking to each other as their relationship gets stronger Simon thinks he never met Blue or have met Blue, he seeks around wanting to know who Blue is, also Martin is Simon's classmate and Martin has a crush on one of Simon's female friends called Abby, which she doesn't like him and Martin tells Simon he doesn't help him out with Abby, he'll tell the whole school the secret identity Simon keeps which means he is Gay, Simon tries to help Martin with Abby while on the other hand Abby ended up falling for Nick and after Martin does a Tumblr post about Simon and Blue, Simon then felt everything in his world was about to f